Activated charcoal has great absorbing qualities―it draws out dirt, oil, and toxins and also helps eliminate acne. Sea salt is rich in minerals like magnesium and sodium, which keep your skin clean and youthful by balancing oil production and keeping pores unclogged. This soap is lightly exfoliating and lathers copiously to leave the skin smooth and soft.
Activated charcoal, sea salt, saponified oils (coconut, olive, kokam butter, and castor), essential oils (spearmint and anise)
All soaps and shampoos are saponified using sodium hydroxide (lye). However, there is no lye in the final bar of soap as it gets consumed during the saponification process. It isn’t possible to make any soap (be it handmade or commercial) without lye, and if someone tells you otherwise, they are either misinformed or not admitting the truth Read more about how we make soaps and shampoos.
WHY SHOULD You choose BOH HANDMADE soaps over commercial soaps and other handmade soaps?
Most commercial soap is not really soap at all but a detergent bar that is more often than not harsh and drying. These soaps also contain a lot of chemicals like triclosan, sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium laureth sulphate, and other harmful synthetics. To see what we mean, go and ahead and inspect the ingredients of any mainstream soap you use! You’ll be surprised at the number of chemicals you’ll find. In contrast, BOH artisan soaps are made using cold-pressed oils, raw butters, essential oils, and herbs and clays in small, detailed batches, using the traditional cold-process technique. This superior method of making soap preserves the natural properties of herbs and oils. This ensures that your soap is truly chemical-free!
Most of the “handmade soaps” you find in stores aren’t really handmade at all. They produced using a premixed, commercially manufactured base in the form of soap flakes, noodles, or cubes. This is called the ‘melt-and-pour’ method in soap-making, as the base is melted, colours and fragrances are added for customization, and then the base is poured into a mould.
This makes a good-looking soap but at the cost of safety. This is because the soap-maker has absolutely no control over the chemicals used in the base! At BoH, we make soap from scratch without commercial bases, using instead various vegetable oils that are much more effective in nourishing and moisturizing your skin.
how to use
- Use as a regular soap for bathing
- For facial use: Create a mild lather in your hands and massage the lather on your face.DO NOT USE THIS SOAP DIRECTLY ON THE FACE.
- To prevent your soap from melting, keep it in a well-drained soap dish so it can dry between uses.
- You can also cut the bar into two and use a piece at a time, storing the other half in a dry place.
- Using a loofah helps to reduce the quantity of soap used per wash.
CARE & SHELF LIFE
- Cold process soaps are softer than commercial soaps because they retain their natural glycerine, a natural by-product of soap-making. Also, we do not use any waxes to harden our soaps.
- Do not store unopened soap in a damp place. Many of our customers keep their favourite BOH soaps in their cupboard as a air freshner
- Our soap and its packaging may become damp during monsoons due to high glycerine content. THIS IS NORMAL and a sign of a good quality soap. Read more about this phenomenon here.
- As far as shelf life goes, a bar will usually last about two years before the fragrance fades and the oils lose their nourishing properties. It’s still good soap; it just won’t smell as pretty. Some fragrances fade quicker than others, like citrus oils and lavender.
It should last for 20-30 washes if kept dry in between uses.
This bar is great for oily skin, acne prone skin and combination skin.
This soap is great for those suffering from acne on the back and arms.
Use daily instead of chemical laden body washes and soaps
Definitely! All our soaps are formulated to be gentle on facial skin. BoH products are gentle on delicate facial skin unlike commercial soaps that leave you with a dry, tight, and uncomfortable feeling. This happens because most of your store-bought soaps contain harsh synthetics, dyes, and fragrances. These chemicals stay on your skin even after your bath and create problems such as dry skin and allergies. If a BOH soap is not suitable for facial use, it will be specified on the product page.
Glycerine makes our soaps softer than most commercial soaps, but with the right care our soaps can be made to last for a long time.
This phenomenon is known as “sweating” and is normal during humid weather. Glycerine present in our soaps is a humectant and draws moisture to itself which results in beads of water on the surface. Sweating is a sign of a good, moisturizing soap.
Suitable for teenagers, kids, babies but not infants
Definitely! It works equally well for all sexes.
Due to the handmade nature of our products, individual units may vary slightly in shape, colour, and weight.
Natural products can also cause allergies in some people. People with skin sensitivity, low immunity, skin issues like eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis etc or other allergies must perform a patch test before use.